To celebrate its 30th festival, the beginning points of Seattle’s creative improvised music will be featured — a sample, to highlight the growth and expansion of creative music in Seattle: cellist Lori Goldston; clarinetist Paul Hoskin; guitarists Sue Ann Harkey and Dave Knott; harpists Carol Levin and Monica Schley; instrument builder/finder Susie Kozawa; percussionists Greg Campbell and Chris Icasiano; saxophonists Neil Welch and Wally Shoup; trombonists Stuart Dempster, Christian Pincock and Greg Powers; trumpeters Angelina Baldoz and Greg Kelley; violinist Alex Guy; vocalist Jessika Kenney.
The festival continues to bring musicians from afar to join in the music. This year’s invited visiting artists include trumpeter Mazen Kerbaj (Beirut, Lebanon), electric guitarist Bill Nace (Northampton, MA), and live electronics master Matthew Ostrowski (Brooklyn, NY).
Thursday, February 5:
- Matthew Ostrowski (electronics), Paul Hoskin (contrabass clarinet)
- Mazen Kerbaj (trumpet), Angelina Baldoz (trumpet), Greg Powers (trombone), Stuart Dempster (trombone)
- Bill Nace (electric guitar), Dave Knott (guitar), Alex Guy (viola, violin)
Friday, February 6:
- Mazen Kerbaj (trumpet), Christian Pincock (trombone), Chris Icasiano (drums)
- Bill Nace (electric guitar), Wally Shoup (alto saxophone), Greg Kelley (trumpet)
- Matthew Ostrowski (electronics), Susie Kozawa (found objects), Jessika Kenney (voice)
Saturday, February 7:
- Neil Welch (saxophone), Monica Schley (harp), Carol Levin (harp)
- Lori Goldston (cello), Sue Ann Harkey (electric guitar), Greg Campbell (drums)
- Mazen Kerbaj (trumpet), Bill Nace (electric guitar), Matthew Ostrowski (electronics) + special guests